Monday, May 23, 2011

Fort Review


The fort was a huge success! The class responded very well to my recreation of a blanket fort using my own materials from home. Everyone burst into a discussion of their own memories and the desire to go home and make their own forts to return to that nostalgia. I didn't get a huge amount of feedback besides the wish that I didn't use the materials from the drawing room to build the fort. Ideally I would have liked to use the chairs from home, but I was limited with time and space to bring them four hours up to school. Everyone responded to the musty smell of the blankets and the light source as well. I'm not sure if I would include the painting again unless I was able to incorporate more of the knick knacks my brother and I used to use to decorate the fort's interior. This was my favorite project this semester and it will be the piece displayed in the final show.

No comments:

Post a Comment